Kia Motors has earned a really appreciable response and sales number with the Kia Seltos. The Indian audience has shown immense love for the Seltos since its launch. Seeing the good sales numbers and response rate in the Indian market, Kia motors has decided to expand its market presence with 2 new cars launch later this year; The Kia Carnival and the Kia QYI.
Exclusive: Over 7,000 Kia Seltos Sold In September
Kia Carnival | Highlights
- The Kia Carnival luxury MPV will be showcased at the 2020 Delhi Auto Expo. The deliveries for the car will commence in the same month.
- The Kia Carnival is expected to launch with a 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 200 bhp and 441 nm of torque, mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox as standard.
- The Kia Carnival will be available in 7 and 8 seater options. It will sport luxury features like a large sunroof, electrically sliding door, leather seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Safety-wise, the Kia Carnival will have all the active and passive safety features like multiple airbags, ISOFIX seat anchors, ESP, ABS, EBD and traction control.
- The Kia Carnival will compete with the segment giant Toyota Innova.
Kia QYI | Highlights
- Kia’s third car; the Kia QYI is a sub-compact SUV which will have a world debut in India.
- Kia is likely to showcase a concept QIY at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020. Market launch for the QYI is expected in the latter quarter of 2020.
- The Kia QIY will be powered by a 1.0-litre turbocharged GDI petrol engine producing 114 bhp with 172 nm of torque. This same engine does duty on the Hyundai Venue.
- The Kia QYI is expected to launch with automatic and manual transmission options.
- Kia has planned the QYI to be as loaded as the Seltos in terms of features and convenience.
- This QYI will sport a touchscreen infotainment system which will offer multiple features and the UVO connected car technology. We can also expect Kia to put a dual-tone roof and several other customisation options as well.
- The Kia QYI will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and the Ford EcoSport.
Though Kia Motors is a new player in the Indian automotive industry, we have seen this manufacturer grow a lot in the past months. With only 1 vehicle down its lineup, Kia Motors has gained unexpected popularity in the Indian market. We can expect Kia to be a tough competition for the already existing brands with the new vehicles it has planned to launch in the Indian market soon.