South Korean automaker Kia will be launching its MPV, Carnival in the Indian market at Auto Expo on 5th February. While the details were known about the car a brochure was leaked giving out more detailed information. The price range is expected to be 27-33 Lakhs INR.
It will have three different variants called the Premium, Prestige and Limousine.
Kia Carnival | Engine Specifications
- The premium option comes with a BS6 compliant 2.2L diesel engine.
- Kia Carnival will have an 8-speed Sportsmatic Transmission.
- The power output 200bhp and 441Nm torque.
- It’ll have a CRDi fuel system and comes with a fuel tank 60L.
Kia Carnival | Interior/ Exterior
The MPV is made to look as luxurious as possible with chrome finishing and exclusive features.
- One-touch power sliding doors which allow opening sliding doors with the press of a button.
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature control making sure every row has the ideal temperature that they crave.
- 8” touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- Other internal features include Tilt steering, Auto headlight control, Rearview camera, All power windows and electrically adjustable outside rearview mirrors.
- 18” crystal cut alloy wheels give the Kia Carnival a true luxury vehicle look.
- Rear spoiler High Mounted Stop Lamps(HMSL) and Projector headlamp with escort function.
- Kia Carnival also has Dual Electric Sunroof along with 2nd and 3rd-row sunshade curtains.
Read More: TVS Creon Electric Scooter spotted testing! India launch planned soon.
Kia Carnival | Safety Features
Kia doesn’t slack on safety features either. It goes for the “as safe as your home” feeling and completely pulls it off.
- Electronic Stability Control program coupled with Hill Assist control ensures superior control while climbing hills.
- Side and Curtain Airbags ensures safety if an accident occours.
- Rollover mitigation with cornering brake control makes sure your vehicle will always stay up in the correct direction in which it should be driven and not be overturned on a high-speed corner.
- Air Purifiers also come in the Limousine version providing clean air to breathe.
Popular Read: 10 Things About AMT Cars (Automated Manual Transmissions)
Kia Carnival has no direct rivals but in the C segment MPV it will challenge Innova Crysta and in the luxury segment it will face Mercedez Benz V class.