The KIA QYI was spied being tested on Indian roads. The QYI is a sub-4 meter compact SUV all set to rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and the segment leader Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
KIA QYI | Highlights
- The Kia QYI made its debut at the New York International Motor Show.
- The QYI is more or less based on the same platform and shares the same underpinning as its brother; the Hyundai Venue.
- The QYI will be KIA’s third offering in the Indian market after the KIA Seltos and the upcoming KIA Carnival.
- The QYI will be offered in two petrol engines; the old 1.2L Kappa and 1.0-litre BS6 complaint Turbocharged GDi used in the Hyundai Venue. The TurboGDI will reportedly be getting a 7-speed DCT (dual-clutch transmission).
- There will be a diesel variant which will probably be powered by a slightly detuned 1.5-litre turbo diesel (replacing the 1.4 CRDi) that does duty on the KIA Seltos.
- The 1.0-litre TurboGDI produces 120 ps of power and 172 nm of torque and comes mated to a 6-speed manual or 7-speed DCT automatic.
- Feature-wise the QYI gets all the creature comforts like automatic climate control, push-button start/stop, wireless mobile charger, ventilated seats, cruise control and a sunroof.
- The QYI will also get a huge touchscreen infotainment system powered by KIA’s UVO Connected car system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- The KIA QYI will be priced in the range of ₹7.0 to ₹11.4 lakhs and is expected to be revealed at the 2020 Auto Expo in Greater Noida.