Korean carmaker, Kia Motors is expected to reveal a Sub-compact SUV, Kia QYI to the Indian market by mid-2020. The Sub-compact SUV was spied being tested in Delhi.
Straight Outta Sci-Fi Hyundai & Kia To VRevolutionise Vehicle Development
- The Kia QYI is expected to be powered by a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine which will be BS6-compliant. The powertrain is expected to be the same that powers the Hyundai Venue and Kia Seltos.
- It appears to be based on the Hyundai Venue. It also has a great resemblance to the Kia Stonic when front fascia and the roofline are taken into consideration.
- The Kia QYI is expected to be priced higher than the Hyundai Venue which is priced between 6.5 to 11.5 lacs. The Kia Motors sub-4 metre has been spied testing on the roads of the capital, Delhi.
Slump In The Automobile Industry? Kia Seltos sells over 14,000 units!
- The spied Kia QYI had large front fog lamps right below the headlamps. The covered bonnet appears to have a kink in the middle. The silhouette of the grille visible under the camouflage cover appears to have a large mesh design. Kia QYI can be expected to have a Tiger Nose grille.
- The Kia Stonic is a bit lengthier than the expected Kia QYI, therefore the latter can be expected to have a shorter overhang at the rear.
- As for the diesel-powered engine, the QYI can have a BS6-compliant 1.-litre engine, the one that powers Kia Seltos already running at the Indian roads. The transmission is expected to be a 6-speed manual as a standard. A dual-clutch automatic transmission can be offered too.
- The sub-compact SUV is expected to be revealed to the Indian market by the mid of 2020. It will rival against the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Nissan Kicks, Renault Duster, Mahindra XUV300, and Tata Nexon. The sub-compact SUV range of cars has seen growing popularity in the Indian market recently with more and more customers moving towards budget SUV feels.
Have a Look! Hyundai Venue Achieves New Booking Milestone!