KIA Motors very first offering in India; The KIA Seltos has crossed more than 50,000 bookings so far. The Seltos was launched in India on August 22nd, 2019. Prices start at just ₹9.69 lakhs ranging upto ₹16.99 lakhs.
Read This: KIA Launches Beat360 In India
- The booking for the Seltos started 3 months back in July 2019.
- KIA reports that out of the total of 50,000 bookings for the Seltos, approximately 50% of potential buyers opted for the 1.5-litre diesel model.
- Moreover, an estimated 40% of the customers who booked the 1.4 turbocharged petrol opted for the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) automatic gearbox.
- Just recently, KIA set a new record with over 7,000 KIA Seltos sold in the month of September 2019.
- KIA has reportedly delivered over 13,750 units in August and September of 2019.
- The waiting period is approximately 3 to 4 months.
- The KIA Seltos is available into 2 variants; Tech line and GT Line. The Tech Line has five sub-variants; HTE, HTK, HTK Plus, HTX and HTX Plus, while the GT Line has three variants; GTK, GTX and GTX Plus.
- The KIA Seltos comes equipped with BS6 compliant engine with 3 variants; 1500CC/115 HP/144 NM Petrol engine, 1400CC Turbocharged/140 HP/242 NM petrol engine, 1500CC/115 HP/250 NM Diesel engine.
- The Seltos comes mated with a 6-speed manual transmission and 3-speed automatic transmission.
- The KIA Seltos competes with rivals such as; Renault Captur, Nissan Kicks, Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier, MG Hector and Hyundai Creta.
- KIA has been nominated for the World Of Car Awards 2020
Exclusive: New 2020 Hyundai Creta Revealed0