The sub-compact SUV segment has gained popularity in the Indian market as the customers can have an SUV experience at a lower cost. The Auto Expo 2020 witnessed the unveiling of Kia Sonet and new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. These SUVs will be going against the ongoing Hyundai Venue. Let us compare the compacts and see which one should you choose.
Compact SUVs | Engine Comparison
|Kia Sonet||1.2-litre petrol||81.8hp||Not Disclosed Yet||Intelligent Manual||BS6|
|1.0-litre turbo-petrol||123.29hp||Not Disclosed Yet||Intelligent Manual||BS6|
|1.5-litre CRDI||114hp||240Nm (expected)||Intelligent Manual||BS6|
|Hyundai Venue||1.2-litre petrol||81.8hp||112Nm||5-speed Manual||BS6|
|1.4-litre diesel||88.7hp||220Nm||6-speed Manual||BS6|
|1.0-litre turbo-petrol||118.3hp||172Nm||6-speed Manual or 7-speed DCT||BS6|
|Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza||1.5-litre K series petrol||105hp||138Nm||5-speed Manual or 4-speed Automatic||BS6|
- Kia Sonet will be based on the same platform as that of the Hyundai Venue and will get its powertrain options too.
- It is also expected to get the 1.5-litre CRDi engine that powers the Seltos though it will be under tuned to match the size of the car.
- Maruti’s SUV seems to be underpowered from the two rivals.
- The IMT or Intelligent Manual Transmission is a step towards reducing the fatigue of the driver as there is no need to press the clutch while shifting the gears.
Kia Sonet vs rivals | Interior and Safety
|Specifications||Kia Sonet||Hyundai Venue||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza|
|Infotainment System||10.25-inch touchscreen||8-inch touchscreen||7-inch touchscreen|
|ABS with EBD||✔||✔||✔|
|Airbags||Not Disclosed Yet||2||2|
|ISOFIX Child Anchors||✔||✔||✔|
- Kia Sonet though unveiled as a concept at the Expo seems to be an up game as the SUV comes loaded with features such as the massive 10.25-inch touchscreen system that comes equipped with UVO connect.
- The Vitara Brezza is a bit on the lesser side as the features offered are basic ones.
- Hyundai Venue on the other hand also comes loaded with features that are best in class till date.
But the most important aspect is the price. You must be thinking that the Kia Sonet will surely burn a hole in the pocket and that too a big one. Let’s see.
Kia Sonet vs rivals| Price
|Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza||₹8lakh-11lakh|
The expected price of the Kia Sonet is really competitive to the rivals. When launched it surely will bring a storm with it to the Indian market.