This is indeed the most awaited moment of 2020, the prices of the Kia Sonet have finally been revealed and starts at ₹6.71 lakhs (Ex-Showroom) for the HTE variant, while the top-spec GTX+ will cost ₹11.99 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
The Kia Sonet has also garnered over 25,000 bookings so far and still clocks at least 1000 bookings per day. It is the first “Made in India” model to be exported to over 70 countries.
So let’s see whether the Sonet is really worth the hype or not!
What powers the Kia Sonet?
|Engine||SMART STREAM 1.0 T-GDi||SMART STREAM G 1.2-litre||1.5-litre CRDi WGT||1.5-litre CRDi VGT|
|Torque||172 Nm@1,500-4,000 rpm||115 Nm@4,200 rpm||240 Nm@1,500-2,750rpm||250 Nm@1,500-2,750rpm|
|Transmission||7-speed DCT / 6-speed iMT||5-speed MT||6-speed MT||6-speed AT|
- Kia has also revealed that the GT line is the most popular variant on the Kia Sonet.
How fuel-efficient is the new Maruti Suzuki Brezza rival?
|Engine||Smartstream 1.2 Petrol||1.2 T GDi Petrol||1.5L CRDi Diesel|
|Fuel-Efficiency||18.4 kmpl||18.3kmpl /18.2 kmpl||18.2 kmpl / 24.1 kmpl|
|Transmission||5MT||7-speed DCT / 6-speed iMT||6AT/ 6MT|
Want to know about how the Sonet out-performs its rivals in terms of fuel efficiency. Click Here.
What do the Sonet offers (feature-wise)?
- Kia did promise that the Sonet will sport some unique and first in segment features which the rivals fail to offer under a tight price bracket.
- On the outside, we get to see Kia’s signature tiger-nose grille, new heart-beat DRLs, electric sunroof, crystal cut alloy wheels and dual muffler alongside diffuser fin skid plates.
- Coming to the inside, for starters, we will get to see a massive 10.25-inch HD infotainment system, Bose seven-speaker system with sub-woofer, wireless smartphone charger with cooling function, cooled glove box and ventilated front seats.
- Additional features include ambient lighting, built-in HEPA air-purifier, a fully coloured TFT display and many more.
- Its standard safety package includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD, emergency stop signal, front disc brakes and rear parking sensors.
Find the variant-wise feature list HERE
Is it Value for Money?
Kia Sonet Variant-Wise Price (Ex-Showroom)
|SmartStream G 1.2||6.71 lakh (5MT)||7.59 lakh (5MT)||8.45 lakh (5MT)|
|G-1.0 T-GDI||9.49 lakh (6 iMT), 10.49 lakh (7 DCT)||9.99 lakh (6MT)||11.65 lakh (6 iMT)||11.99 lakh (6MT)|
|D 1.5 CRDi WGT||8.05 lakh (6MT)||8.99 lakh (6MT)||9.49 lakh (6MT)||9.99 lakh (6MT)||11.65 lakh (6 MT)||11.99 lakh (6MT)|
|D 1.5 CRDi VGT||10.39 lakh (6AT)|
What else, if not the Sonet?
Well, if you are still not satisfied with what the Kia Sonet offers, you can easily go for something like the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport, Hyundai Venue and the Tata Nexon.