South Korean carmaker Kia has announced its third product for India, the Kia Sonet which is set to make its global debut on August 7th 2020. With just days to go before we get to see how the product actually looks like, Kia has officially listed the Sonet on the brand’s official website.
View this post on Instagram
He's got the guts. She's got the looks. Beyond that, they've got something that's wilder than your imagination. Taking you along on a wild adventure in their all new Kia Sonet. Catch the World Premiere of raw, muscular, and #WildByDesign #KiaSonet on 07th Aug 2020. Register your interest by hitting the link in our bio and be updated. #SonetIsComing #SonetWorldPremier #ComingSoon
Moreover, Kia has also released a short teaser of the Sonet SUV revealing a few details of the most-awaited Sub-Compact SUV. Being a sub-4 metre model the Kia Sonet will be positioned below the Seltos and is expected to get in some good numbers once launched in the highly competitive subcompact SUV segment.
What powers the Kia Sonet?
- The Sonet is expected to come powered by a 1.2-litre NA petrol unit, 1.0-litre GDi turbo-petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel unit.
- The standard 1.2-litre petrol engine will come mated to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional CVT automatic gearbox.
- The mid-spec The 1.5-litre diesel engine will be paired to a 6-speed manual with an optional torque converter.
- While the top-spec 1.0-litre GDi turbo mill is expected to be offered with a standard iMT and optional 7-speed DCT gearbox.
How well equipped is the Kia Sonet (Feature-wise)?
- The teaser video of the new ‘Badass by Design’ sub-compact SUV reveals some of its unique design elements which include a light bar on the boot running across the length and combines the split LED tail lamps on either side.
- We also get to see a standard shot-tail antenna, integrated roof spoilers, a rear windshield wiper assembly and Kia badging on the boot lid.
- Coming to the front profile where we will get a see LED DRLs, Kia’s signature tiger-nose grille, faux skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels and a chunky body cladding around the car adding the SUV like feel.
- On the inside, the Sonet will feature a first-in-segment 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brands latest UVO connected features.
- Other features include rear aircon vents, Bose sound system, multiple drive modes, flat bottom multifunctional steering wheel, ventilated seats, diamond cut leather seats, wireless charging, blind-spot monitoring system, 4-airbags and ABS with EBD to name a few.
What are the other options, if not the Sonet?
- Well, if not the Kia Sonet you can go for some of the segment toppers and its arch rivals like the Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and the undisputed king of the roads the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.