Kia Sonet will be unveiled on 7th August, i.e. next month. The concept SUV was showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. The company stated that it is close to the production-ready model. You can expect Kia Sonet to launch in September 2020 while the bookings will start from mid-August.
What powertrain specs can you expect from Kia Sonet?
- You can expect Sonet to have: 1.2-litre NA petrol unit, 1.0-litre GDi turbo-petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel unit options.
- The standard 1.2-litre petrol engine will come mated to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional CVT automatic gearbox.
- The 1.5-litre diesel engine will have a 6-speed manual or torque converter as the transmission options.
- The 1.0-litre GDi turbo petrol will have iMT or the Optional 7-speed DCT.
What features can you expect on the subcompact SUV?
- From the teaser of Sonet revealed by the Kia, we can see a sleek light bar running across the rear of the SUV which submerges into the LED tail lamps on either side.
- You can also see the standard shot-tail antenna, integrated roof spoilers, rear windshield wiper assembly and Kia badging at the centre of the boot lid.
- At the front, you can expect LED DRLs adjoining Kia’s signature tiger-nose grille on both the sides. You will also get faux skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels and a chunky body cladding around the car.
- Inside, you will get a first-in-segment 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brands latest UVO connected features.
- Other features include rear aircon vents, Bose sound system, multiple drive modes, flat bottom multifunctional steering wheel, ventilated seats, diamond cut leather seats, wireless charging, blind-spot monitoring system, 4-airbags and ABS with EBD to name a few.
Kia Sonet and Company’s Plans ahead!
The company aims to cross a sales target of 1,00,000 units in the country. The company also plans to export India-made Sonet. The export target is 50,000 units per year. Kia has already invested around ₹8,141 crores at the Anantpur plant. There is a scope of another ₹400 crore investment in order to increase the capacity.
Kia Sonet | Price and Rivals
You can expect the Kia Sonet to come with a starting price of ₹8lakhs. Aggressive pricing will put it directly into the competition with Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Venue. What are your thoughts about the subcompact SUV? Let us know in the comments section below.1