With just days to from its grand launch, the Kia Sonet has been spotted on its way to dealerships in Gurugram. The video was uploaded by a YouTube channel Indian auto news.
Kia has recently commenced the online bookings of the Sonet and despite the Rs 25,000 booking amount, it is rumoured that the Sonet has already garnered over 6,000 bookings in a single day.
What powers the Sonet?
Kia Sonet Engine Specifications
|Engine||SMART STREAM 1.0 T-GDi||SMART STREAM G 1.2-litre||1.5-litre CRDi WGT||1.5-litre CRDi VGT|
|Torque||172 Nm@1,500-4,000 rpm||115 Nm@4,200 rpm||240 Nm@1,500-2,750rpm||250 Nm@1,500-2,750rpm|
|Transmission||7-speed DCT / 6-speed iMT||5-speed MT||6-speed MT||6-speed AT|
The Sonet will be offered in two-trims- Tech Line and GT Line with multiple engines and transmission options. Furthermore, the Sonet line-up will have 5 variants from the Tech-line while only one will be offered with the GT Line model.
What does the Sonet offer (feature-wise)?
- Starting from the front, the Sonet features the brands signature Tiger Nose grille, multi-segmented 3D inserts, slim LED headlamps and it’s signature ‘heartbeat’ DRLs.
- It also houses massive bumper which houses the fog lamps and a large air-intake area covered with hexagonal mesh and silver-finished garnish.
- Coming to the sides, we get to see some curvaceous doors while the C-pillars has retained its blacked-out treatment applied to the top and lower edge from its concept model.
- The Sonet sports the best in class features including Kia’s signature UVO Connect suite of technologies, navigation, safety, security and vehicle management alongside 57 other connected features.
- It also houses a massive 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment display paired with a 7-speaker Bose sound setup and exclusive sound mood ambient lighting.
What about its Launch & Rivals?
- The launch is expected to take place sometime in September. However Kia has not revealed the prices, but we can expect the Sonet to range between ₹ 7-13 lakhs (Ex-Showroom).
- The new Urban SUV will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport.
- It will also lock its horns with the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser, Renault Kiger and Nissan Magnite scheduled to launch during the same month.