Finally, after a lot of testing, KTM has launched the new smaller KTM 250 Adventure. Note that, smaller size here we refer to the engine, as the motorcycle gets the same engine as the KTM Duke 250.
It is a really good addition to the adventure tourers line-up in many ways. The new KTM 250 Adventure sits in the middle of the off-road kind Royal Enfield Himalayan and the new updated BMW G310 GS.
What powers the new KTM 250 Adventure?
Everyone saw this coming from a mile away. Like its bigger sibling, the 250 Adventure also borrows the same engine from its naked companion. That said, the exact same engine from the Duke 250 powers the KTM 250 Adventure. By exact same motor, we mean engine’s mirror image, from the stroke to bore, the transmission and the gear spacing, all remain unchanged.
|Power||30hp @ 9,000 rpm|
|Torque||24Nm @ 7,500 rpm|
What’s new of the 250 Adventure?
Well, this is where the similarities with its naked cousin end.
- Up-front the motorcycle features a halogen headlight and misses out on the all-LED unit from the 390.
- Like the 390 this also gets a similar display but is not coloured and you’d have to settle with a monochrome display.
- Besides, Adventure 250 gets ABS and off-road ABS as well.
- It also gets adjustable front screen.
- The Adventure 250 gets the same rim and wheel size as the 390 but are wrapped with MRF Mogrip Metro tyres.
- The motorcycle also gets 2 colour schemes to choose from, black and orange.
Sadly, this 250 misses out on quick shifter, traction control and cornering ABS that the adventure 390 gets. Rest of the things like chassis and suspension all are carried over from its bigger brother.
KTM 250 Adventure Price and Rivals
For the most part, the motorcycle sits at the right spot, i.e. between motorcycles of two different price ranges. As said before the KTM 250 Adventure is said to rival the likes of BMW G310 GS and the Royal Enfield Himalayan. Talking about the price this decent motorcycle comes at a higher price than expected. You’ll have to shed a whopping ₹ 2.48 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi) to own one.