His highness has finally made its way to the Indian shores. The first batch of the new-age Land Rover Defender has arrived in India, Ahead of its official launch scheduled for October 15th 2020.
The first batch of the 2020 Land Rover Defender is the Defender 110 five-door version. The batch has arrived at JNPT (Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust), Near Mumbai. Interestingly, the new-gen Defender will be offered as a CBU (Completely Built-Up Unit).
Anything new on the mechanical front?
- The upcoming Defender will come powered by a 2.0-litre Turbo petrol Ingenium family engine.
- The engine produces 296bhp @5,500 rpm with 400 Nm of peak torque between 1,500-4,000rpm.
- Transmission options include a standard 8-speed automatic gearbox that powers the all-wheel driveline.
- This rugged SUV will be offered in 5 variants- Base, S, SE, HSE, and the First Edition.
What else is new on the 2020 Land Rover Defender?
- Talking about the design, some of its elements seem to have been inspired by the DC 100 Defender concept.
- On the outside, we also get to see a slightly raised bonnet with a new neatly carved front grille, squared LED headlamp and vertically stacked squared LED taillamps.
- That not all! you get to choose between nine wheel options, made available in two sizes – 18-inch and 20-inch.
- The 2020 Defender comes loaded with features for e.g we will get to see a 10-inch PiviPro infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, smartphone connectivity, 2 SIM cards to enable over-the-air (OTA) updates and a 12.3-inch digital instrument.
- Moreover, the new Defender will be made available with a jump seat in the front row and a driver assist pack.
What else do we get to see on the new age Defender?
- Interestingly, You can also choose from 3 roof options- a folding fabric roof, sliding panoramic roof and a fixed metal roof.
- The new Off-road SUV will be available in seven colour options – Pangea green, Gondwana stone, Indus silver, Tasman blue, Eiger grey, Santorini black, and fuji white.
- Additionally, it will also offer the widest range of personalisation options with more than 170 accessories.
- It also offers additional accessories packages which include- the Explorer Pack, the Adventure Pack, the Country Pack, and the Urban Pack which can be personalised according to the customers need.