Mahindra had first showcased its Atom Electric Quadricycle in Auto Expo 2018 as a concept and it left all of us impressed with its unique and eccentric design. Recently, the company announced that it will be unveiling the production specs of Quadricycle in Auto Expo 2020 and just a few days after this news a camouflaged prototype of the Atom Electric Quadricycle was spotted testing near Chennai. Let’s have a look at the few details of this vehicle.
Suggested read: DCT vs CVT vs AMT | Choose The Best Transmission
- By looking at the test mule of Mahindra Atom Electric Quadricycle we can say that it has a squarish car shape with much subtle quirky styling.
- Sadly the Atom Electric Quadricycle will surely miss out on additional features like the LED headlamps and taillights, swanky interiors and an impressive 5.0-inches touchscreen infotainment system.
- The squarish design will offer sufficient space for five people including the driver. The Mahindra Atom is expected to be following the quadricycle regulations which says that the weight of the vehicle should not be more than 475 kg and should have a length of no more than 3.6m.
- It is also expected that the Quadricycle will come powered to a 15kW electric motor and a lithium-ion battery pack would be its source for electricity.
You might also like: Should You Buy An Electric Car Or a BS6 Car In 2020?
- This vehicle will become the first electric quadricycle with its launch in the third quarter of 2020.
- Currently, the sole rival of Mahindra Atom is Bajaj Qute which came to the Indian shores in April 2019.
The Atom Electric is designed as a last-mile connectivity vehicle but it still remains to be seen whether it would be able to stand as connectivity vehicle in this high price-sensitive market. Well, Only time will tell that.
Suggested for you: BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) | Explained