Riding the wave of electric cars trending in India, Mahindra is all set to introduce the Mahindra KUV100 electric car in India. The KUV100 electric has been doing rounds on Indian roads for long, and now it seems, Mahindra is finally ready to launch the KUV100 electric.
Launched back in January 2016, the Mahindra KUV100 wasn’t able to perform well in terms of sales. Mahindra also introduced a refreshed version of the KUV100 called the KUV100 NXT in 2017.
Mahindra KUV100 Electric | Highlights
- The Mahindra eKUV100 was earlier showcased as a concept by Mahindra at the 2018 Auto Expo held in Delhi.
- The eKUV100 is expected to utilise a single electric motor producing 40 kW and 120 Nm of peak torque using a 16 kWh battery pack placed underneath the floor.
- The Mahindra KUV100 electric will be able to do 120 kms on a single charge, which is not good. However, there are speculations that Mahindra will offer a range-extended battery option with the electric KUV.
- The addition of the battery pack will add a good 60kg to 70kg to the overall kerb weight of the car. To compensate for the same, Mahindra has tweaked the suspension and the steering geometry on the KUV100.
- In the spy shots, the KUV100 electric can be seen with the charging sockets (AC charging and DC charging) located on the front fenders.
- Mahindra aims to introduce the KUV100 electric at an affordable price to drive customers towards electric mobility. The pricing for the KUV100 electric is expected to be in the range of ₹10 lakh to ₹12 lakh.