Mahindra is all set to launch the BS6 version of the Marazzo MPV soon. With the BS6 upgrade, Mahindra has also replaced the previous M4 and M6 with M4+ and M6+ variants.
The Marazzo was taken off the charts in April as it failed to comply with the new and stringent BS6 emission norms. Additionally, Mahindra has also discontinued the top-spec M8 variant, while the M2 base variant continues to be a part of the upgraded lineup.
What on the Mechanical front?
- We can expect the BS6 Mahindra Marazzo come equipped with the now BS6 compliant 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine.
- The engine is capable of generating 123 hp and 300 Nm of torque while paired to a standard 6-speed manual gearbox.
- It is also expected that we could see an AMT in the nearing future.
Are there any other noticeable changes on the BS6 Marazzo?
- In terms of styling, the BS6 compliant version will more or less remain the same on the outside.
- However, on the inside, we might get to see some new features on the inside which include dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, an engine immobilizer, power windows, central locking, a USB charging point for the rear passenger, fabric seat upholstery, roof-mounted rear AC vents and outside mirrors with integrated turn indicators.
- Additional features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, a rear wiper and washer, a voice messaging system and electrically adjustable outside mirrors. However, it now gets additional features like 16-inch alloy wheels, a rear defogger, keyless entry and steering-mounted controls.
Will there be a Petrol variant as well?
- We can expect to see a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine powering the Mahindra Marazzo MPV sometime later this year.
- The petrol motor generates 163hp with 280 Nm of peak torque, while paired to a 6-speed manual and an optional AMT.
How much will it cost?
Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Variant-wise Prices
|Variants||BS6 Prices (Ex-Showroom, Telangana)|
|BS6 Marazzo M2 (7-seater)||Rs 11.01 lakh|
|BS6 Marazzo M2 (8-seater)||Rs 11.01 lakh|
|BS6 Marazzo M4 Plus (7-seater)||Rs 12.37 lakh|
|BS6 Marazzo M4 Plus (8-seater)||Rs 12.45 lakh|
|BS6 Marazzo M6 Plus (7-seater)||Rs 13.51 lakh|
|BS6 Marazzo M6 Plus (8-seater)||Rs 13.59 lakh|
What about its rivals?