With the Next-gen Thar, Mahindra expected to get the never seen hype it craved for almost 40 years. But it seems that All’s not going well with the brand!
Much recently Mahindra has removed the entry-level AX variant from the brand’s official website. Moreover, the bookings and production for the same have also been temporarily paused.
What lead Mahindra to take this extreme measure?
- According to leading media reports, the reason cited for the halt is to clear the backlog for the top-spec models.
- Another reason cited for the discontinuation is the low sales numbers of the given models.
Which models have been discontinued?
- The discontinued variants consist of AX Standard petrol, AX petrol and AX diesel. So looking at the current stature the most affordable Thar is the AX optional Diesel-manual variant priced in at ₹12.2 Lakh.
What powers the Next-gen Mahindra Thar?
- Under its hood, we will get to see 2.0L mStallion petrol engine churning 150bhp with 320 Nm of peak torque.
- There will also be a 2.2L mHawk diesel motor generating 130bhp with 300 Nm of peak torque.
- Both the engines will come mated to a standard 6-speed manual and an optional 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- The new age Thar will also be offered in 2-variants the AX (Standard) and the LX (feature-loaded).
Know more about the 2020 Mahindra Thar HERE