As per some reports, Mahindra may update the variant line-up of its recent launch offroader Thar. In this updated line-up the company will introduce a new entry-level variant of the Mahindra Thar. That said, being a starting variant it will sit at the very bottom of the price list. It is said that the new variant may be considerably cheaper than the ongoing models.
What will the new Mahindra Thar Offer?
We can expect a major change under the hoot. Yes, the new variant of the Thar may get a new engine altogether.
- As per some reports, the new engine is a 1.5-litre 3 cylinder engine. Well, it is unsure on which fuel the car would be running.
- Though Mahindra already has a 1.3-litre 3 cylinder engine in their arsenal. This motor was also a part of the TUVs brochure.
- In TUV this engine generates 100hp of max power and 240Nm of peak torque.
- Moreover, this motor has longitudinal mounting points that allow the car to have an RWD drivetrain with no option of a 4X4 whatsoever.
What Mahindra‘s Further Plans?
As per our sources, Mahindra may also launch a 5 door variant of the Mahindra Thar. If you are not aware, this 5-door will straight rival the likes of the upcoming 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny.
- Mahindra may start testing the bigger 5-door Thar soon.
- Additionally, the new Thar may also get a more powerful engine.
- We are not sure when will Mahindra launch the 5 seaters Thar but we know that it is soon.
To begin with, Mahindra Thar is one of the legendary cars in the Indian automotive market. And we believe owning a Thar is a matter of pride (#MadeInIndia). Obviously, the new entry-level variant of Mahindra Thar will undercut the current base variant. That said, right now the average asking price of the Mahindra Thar ranges from 12.15Lakhs to 14.20Lakhs (ex-showroom). But we can expect the price of the new variant to be around ₹9Lakhs -₹10Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Interesting Read: 10 Reasons Why The Force Gurkha Is Better Than The Mahindra Thar