SUV’s have become the point of focus for many carmakers and Ford is no different, with that said Mahindra and Ford are planning to launch a new line-up of mid-size SUV’s. with the most talked-about Ford’s mid-sized SUV codenamed B745 and the Mahindra XUV400, the new C-segment SUV will be built on an all-new platform and which is expected to be about 4.3m in length.
Must Read: Mahindra XUV400 In Making | Launch In 2020
- Recent media reports suggest that the all-new Mahindra XUV400 share the same platform as Ford’s B745 and will also carry the same specs and design styles.
- The new 7-seater Mahindra XUV400 could be offered with a 1.2L, 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol and a 1.5L turbocharged diesel engine previously featured in the Mahindra XUV300. The Mahindra XUV400 might get the BS6-compliant version of both motors.
- The Mahindra XUV400 is expected to feature an FWD or front-biased AWD system. The 7-seater SUV will also carry aggressive upfront styling sourcing a few design bits from the Mahindra XUV300 as well.
- The new Mahindra XUV400 and Ford B745 will have many common components and features that will surely help both carmakers maintaining their manufacturing cost and achieving competitive pricing. Additionally, Both SUVs will be retailed via their respective manufacturers’ dealerships
Suggested Read: Mahindra XUV300 Recalled Over Faulty Suspension
- The size of Ford’s and Mahindra’s SUV will put it right in the heart of the mid-size SUV segment for the Indian market.
- Leading Media reports claim that both the carmakers could feature their products at the 2020 Auto Expo respectively.
- Mahindra and Ford have plans to electrify some of its vehicles too. With The e-KUV already been announced, and the XUV300 in the queue. The all-electric XUV300 is expected to offer a range of around 200km. There could be a long-range variant with a bigger battery pack too. The expected range on the electric variant is expected to be around 400km on a single charge. The circuitry is expected to run on 380 volts. We can expect the S210 to be launched in 2021.