Mahindra is working on updating its current line-up of cars to comply with the upcoming BS6 norms. That being said the current-gen XUV 500 in BS6 avatar was caught being tested on Indian roads. Mahindra has also started working on the 2020 XUV 500 which is being co-developed with Ford.
Mahindra XUV 500 BS6 | Highlights
- The new BS6 XUV 500 is expected to feature the same 2.2-Litre mHawk four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine producing 151 bhp and 360 nm of torque. It is also expected that the engine would be mated with a 6-speed manual may be an optional gearbox.
- The XUV 500 BS6 could also come with an all-new 2.0-litre which would produce more power than the current unit. Moreover, the new engine will also feature in the 2020 Mahindra Thar and the next-gen Mahindra Scorpio. Leading sources claim that the new diesel engine will be 80 kgs lighter than the current-gen engine.
- With the BS6 norms coming into effect from April 2020 we can expect the XUV 500 BS6 to launch on or before April 2020.
- The existing XUV 500 is priced between ₹12.37 to ₹19.78 lakh (ex-showroom). With the BS6 norm in place, we can simply expect a price hike of at least ₹50,000 to ₹70,000 for the 2020 XUV500.
- Once launched the XUV 500 BS6 is expected to give a tough competition to the KIA Seltos, Tata Harrier, MG Hector, and the upcoming 2020 Hyundai Creta.
- The 2020 XUV 500 will receive a complete overhaul inside-out. From the outside an all-new front end including revised bumpers, headlights and a new front grille. The rear end is also expected to feature some cosmetic upgrades with tweaked taillamps and a lifted bumper.
- On the inside, The 2020 XUV 500 will receive major design upgrades starting from an all-new touchscreen infotainment system with smart connectivity and a centre console with a minimalistic design.
Exclusive: Mahindra XUV 400 In Making | Launch In 2020