The most awaited launch of the year is just around the corner as new reports suggest that Mahindra is all set to launch the all-new Mahindra XUV700 on August 15th 2021. Although, a few days back a few snapshots of a poster on the walls of Mahindra’s Pune based plant that read “31 Days To Go”.
This clearly indicated that the brand will either launch or reveal the brand new XUV500 successor.
With each day passing by Mahindra has also been teasing some first in segment features that the new 7-seater will boast which include Auto Booster Headlamps, Smart Door Handles, Largest Panoramic Sunroof and Personalised Speed Alert feature
Do check it out! 5 Unique Features On The Mahindra XUV700
What’s on the mechanical front?
- The XUV700 will sport a brand new 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder mStallion turbo petrol and a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder mHawk diesel engine.
- Both the engine produces 188hp while the later generates 183hp.
- These power figures clearly indicate that the new MG Hector Plus rival will be the most powerful engine in the segment.
- Just a little comparison with its rival Tata Safari which features a 2.0-litre Kryotec turbo diesel engine that produces just over 168hp.
- While the MG Hector Plus features a 2.0-litre diesel engine options diesel unit and a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit.
- Both motors generate 140hp and 168hp respectively.
- The Hyundai Alcazar features 2.0-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine.
What’s on the feature end?
- Not too long ago a video went viral revealing the interior of the new XUV700
- Looking at the video we can clearly spot a gigantic infotainment system.
- The spied test mule of the Mahindra XUV700 looks to be a top-end variant as it boasts an automatic gearbox.
- Besides the massive infotainment system sits a large fully digital instrument cluster.
- It is also suspected to be a twin-screen setup taken from the Mercedes E-Class.
- We also get to see a multi-functional three-spoke steering wheel that complements the overall aesthetics.
- There also sits a manual control for AC along with what seems to be a wireless charging pad placed at the bottom.
- Looking at the spied image we can clearly make out that the upgraded version of the XUV500 will boast dual-tone alloy wheels.
- After having closer look at the wheels one cam also spot rear disc breaks and flush-fitting door handles.
- That’s not all the looking at these spy shots it is pretty evident that the new XUV500 Successor will also have features like an integrated spoiler with a high mounted stop lamp, rear wiper and washer, boot lid-mounted number plate holder, and A-pillar mounted ORVMs.
- Considering the competition in the market, Mahindra has also decided to level its game up.
- The upcoming XUV700 was spotted with the largest in segment sunroof or what Mahindra calls the ‘SkyRoof’.
- While we still don’t know which variants of the car will have the same but it would be great to see even if the top-end variant has got this party piece!
What about Safety Features?
- Talking of safety, the upcoming Mahindra XUV700 is expected to have all the bells and whistles. You name it, it will have it! The top-end variant of the car will get as many as 9 airbags. Other safety features include ABS, EBD, hill-start, hill descent, ESP, Traction Control, Anti Roll Program and so on. And of course, we already mentioned, that it will also be a level-1 autonomous vehicle just like the MG Gloster.