Yes, This might be true as a poster on the walls of Mahindra’s Pune based plant reads “31 Days To Go”. This could mean that the brand could launch the new XUV500 successor by July 25th 2021. Although Mahindra has confirmed that the new XUV700 will be launch by the Q3 of 2021.
Not too long ago the brand also released the first teaser of the soon to launch Tata Safari rival via its Instagram handle. The teaser also revealed that the upcoming 7-seater will boast a first-in-segment auto booster headlamp feature.
What’s on the mechanical front?
- The XUV700 will sport a brand new 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder mStallion turbo petrol and a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder mHawk diesel engine.
- Both the engine produces 188hp while the later generates 183hp.
- These power figures clearly indicate that the new MG Hector Plus rival will the most powerful engine in the segment.
- Just a little comparison with its rival Tata Safari which features a 2.0-litre Kryotec turbo diesel engine that produces just over 168hp.
- While the MG Hector Plus features a 2.0-litre diesel engine options diesel unit and a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit.
- Both motors generate 140hp and 168hp respectively.
- The Hyundai Alcazar features 2.0-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine
What’s on the feature end?
- Recently a video went viral revealing the interior of the new XUV700
- Looking at the video we can clearly spot a gigantic infotainment system.
- The spied test mule of the Mahindra XUV700 looks to be a top-end variant as it boasts an automatic gearbox.
- Besides the massive infotainment system sits a large fully digital instrument cluster.
- The Instrument cluster is suspected to be 15-inches.
- We also get to see a multi-functional three-spoke steering wheel that complements the overall aesthetics.
- There also sits a manual control for AC along with what seems to be a wireless charging pad placed at the bottom.
- Looking at the spied image we can clearly make out that the upgraded version of the XUV500 will boast dual-tone alloy wheels.
- After having closer look at the wheels one cam also spot rear disc breaks and flush-fitting door handles.
- That’s not all the looking at these spy shots it is pretty evident that the new XUV 500 Successor will also have features like an integrated spoiler with a high mounted stop lamp, rear wiper and washer, boot lid-mounted number plate holder, and A-pillar mounted ORVMs.
- Considering the competition in the market, Mahindra has also decided to level their game up. The upcoming XUV700 was spotted with a huge panoramic sunroof. While we still don’t know which variants of the car will have the same but it would be great to see even if the top-end variant has got this party piece!
- Talking of safety, the upcoming Mahindra XUV700 is expected to have all the bells and whistles. You name it, it will have it! The top-end variant of the car will get as many as 9 airbags. Other safety features include ABS, EBD, hill-start, hill descent, ESP, Traction Control, Anti Roll Program and so on. And of course, we already mentioned, that it will also be a level-1 autonomous vehicle just like the MG Gloster.
Know more about the MG Hector Plus rival HERE!