Maruti Suzuki Ignis which was released in 2016 with its micro SUV tag has received a facelift and was showcased at Auto Expo 2020. It is mostly similar to the leaked and spied features.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Engine Specifications
The engine with the facelifted version is now BS6 compliant to adhere to the norms set by the government.
- The engine on the 2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis is expected to be the same as Baleno being a 1.2 Litre petrol engine.
- The engine will output 82bhp and 113Nm torque.
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be coming along with two transmission options a 5 Speed Automatic and a 5 Speed Manual.
- There will be no diesel option as Maruti Suzuki has decided to not venture into BS6 Diesel engines as of now.
- Fuel economy on the 2020 Maruti Ignis is expected to drop as BS6 norms are expected to drop efficiency due to having more walls in the exhaust shaft.
Suggested Read: Pedestrian Safety and Protection Norms, A Step Towards Safer Roads?
Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Internal/External Features
The features are something you will come to accept of Maruti Suzuki cars.
- It gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system which supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- A new grille and bumper which look similar to Maruti Suzuki S-Presso.
- Rear and side changes seem minor with only changes to the rear bumper and a new retro taillight.
- It gets two new colour options Turquoise Blue and Lucent Orange.
- It retains its Projector headlights, DRLs, puddle lights(which light up the floor near the door so you don’t step on puddles or holes)
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis also gets day-night IRVM, rear parking camera and 60:40 split rear seat.
Renault Kwid, Mahindra KUV 100, Grand i10 Nios, Honda Brio will face a challenge when Maruti Suzuki Ignis launches in March 2020.
Read More: I.D. Crozz Showcased By Volkswagen In Auto Expo 2020