Its is the battle of the two mighties; Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS Renault KWID Facelift. Maruti’s first foray into the mini-cross hatchback segment with the S-Presso will take on the economy hatch segment leader Renault KWID.
Maruti Suzuki has recently launched the all-new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso starts at a base price of ₹3.66 lakh with four variants on sale viz. STD, LXI, VXI and VXI+. The top of the line VXI+ costs ₹4.92 lakhs for the AGS variant. All variants of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is BS6 complaint.
Just Now! BS6 Fuel Is Now Available In Delhi NCR
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Variants
- The S-Presso STD (Standard) which is the base variant gets a digital instrument cluster (similar to the KWID), enough bottle holders, reclining front seats. For safety, Maruti Suzuki has equipped the S-Presso with one driver airbag, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors and high-speed alert. Maruti Suzuki S-Presso STD misses on AC, an infotainment system, power steering, front power windows and internally adjustable ORVMs.
- The S-Presso LXI gets an AC and a power steering over the STD and that’s just it. Still no infotainment system.
- The S-Presso VXI trim gets body-coloured bumpers, roof antenna, full wheel covers, front power windows, keyless entry and finally a basic SmartPlay entertainment system with two speakers and Bluetooth/AUX/USB connectivity.
For safety, it gets speed-sensitive auto-door lock and central locking. The S-Presso VXI also gets an AGS automatic gearbox. The Manual S-Presso VXI costs ₹4.24 lakh whereas, the automatic VXI costs ₹4.67 lakh.
- The S-Presso VXI+ is the top-end model in the S-Presso series. It gets all the features of the lower trims. On top of that, the VXI+ gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with phone app connectivity, coloured centre dash garnish, internally adjustable ORVMs and steering mounted audio controls. The Manual S-Presso VXI+ costs ₹4.48 lakh whereas, the automatic VXI+ costs ₹4.91 lakh.
Incidentally, just a day after S-Presso’s launch, Renault on Tuesday launched the all-new Renault KWID facelift. The new Renault Kwid facelift starts at ₹2.83 lakhs all the way to the range-topping variant priced at ₹4.85 lakhs.
The 2019 Renault Kwid comes with two petrol engines; an 800cc and a 1.0 litre
2019 Renault KWID Facelift Variants
- Standard 0.8 (800CC)
- RxE 0.8 (800CC)
- RxL 0.8 (800CC)
- RxT 0.8 (800CC)
- RxT 1.0 (1000CC)
- RxT AMT (1000CC)
- Climber (1000CC)
- Climber AMT (1000CC)
The first thing you will notice about the 2019 Renault KWID facelift is the split headlamp setup (similar to the MG Hector, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier) with the LED daytime running lamps placed next to the front grille. The main headlamp unit is positioned down on the front bumper.
The 2019 Renault KWID facelift is available in 6 paint options:
- Zanskar Blue
- Fiery Red
- Moonlight Silver
- Ice Cool White
- Outback Bronze
- Electric Blue.
- The refreshed KWID gets a newly designed dashboard with an 8-inch infotainment system (no steering mounted controls). The KWID also gets a digital instruments cluster.
- The top-end variant KWID RxT 0.8 gets a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 14-inch alloy wheels, LED DRLs and a rear centre armrest. Safety equipment-wise, the KWID includes a driver-side airbag with ABS with EBD, high-speed alert system and reverse parking sensors.
- Passenger airbag and rear power windows are only available in the 1.0 KWID Rxt and KWID Climber.
- The Climber variant gets faux skid plates at the front and back, roof rails, 14-inch steel wheels and orange highlights.
- The 2019 KWID uses the same three-cylinder petrol engine; 800CC and the 1000CC.
- The 800cc, 54 BHP/72 NM engine comes with a 5-speed manual.
- The 1.0-litre, 68 BHP/91 NM engine gets an optional 5-speed AMT gearbox.
- As of now, both the 800CC and 1000CC engines are BS4 only. However, Renault is expected to introduce BS6-compliant versions closer to the April 2020 deadline.
[…] Latest News: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault KWID Facelift […]
[…] Maruti has recently forayed into the mini-cross hatchback segment with the S-Presso which will take on the segment leader Renault KWID. […]
[…] Also Read: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault Kwid […]
[…] You May Like: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault KWID Facelift […]
[…] Comparison: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Vs 2019 Renault Kwid Facelift […]
I read your article and that is nice, great, informative and helpful. I hope you will share some more information about Renault Kwid Staring Price at 2.83 Lakh in India. Please keep sharing. https://www.autox.com/new-cars/renault/kwid/
[…] Suggested Read: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault KWID Facelift […]
[…] Read More: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault KWID Facelift […]