Christmas just rolled in a little bit early for all new-gen Baleno owners as Maruti Suzuki has finally rolled out the latest update for the latest generation of the Baleno. The Baleno is also one of the list toppers of the 10 most sold cars in November with over 21,000 units sold.
What do we get in the new update?
- With this new software update, we get to see a couple of new features.
- These new features include an updated MID and HUD which now displays turn-by-turn navigation.
- The massive 9.0-inch Smart Pro+ infotainment display now gets wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Earlier owners had to connect to the infotainment via a USB cable
- It is expected that the same update will be rolled out for the Toyota Glanza as well.
- Apart from this new minor OTA, everything remains the same.
- We still get to see the Baleno the same 1.2-Litre naturally aspirated petrol engine.
- This engine makes around 90bhp with a peak torque of 113 Nm while paired to a 5-speed manual and an optional AMT.
- Time for some facts, The Maruti Suzuki Baleno was the first in its segment to host features like Heads-Up Display and a 360-degree camera.
- With its launch, it was quite imminent that the Baleno was a tough competition to its competitors like the Hyundai I20, Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, and the recently discontinued Volkswagen Polo.