Focussed on the taxi and the cab market, Maruti Suzuki has launched the Ertiga Tour M 1.5 Diesel. The Tour M MPV is part of Maruti’s Tour series which distinguishes the mainstream models from the taxi ones.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Tour M | Highlights
- Maruti Suzuki had earlier developed a brand new BS6 compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine after phasing out the 1.3 DDis Multi-jet diesel engine.
- This same engine, which also does duty on the new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is used in the carmaker’s new Ertiga Tour M.
- The Ertiga Tour M gets a 94 bhp/225 nm 1.5-litre diesel engine. Priced at ₹9.81 lakhs, ex-showroom, Delhi, the Ertiga Tour M is based on the VDi variant of the car.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Tour M diesel engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The claimed fuel efficiency figure for the Ertiga Tour M is 24.2 km/l.
- The Diesel Ertiga Tour M joins the already on sale Ertiga Tour M Petrol (introduced in July 2019) and Ertiga Tour M CNG (Introduced in May 2019).
- Safety features on the Ertiga Tour M include dual airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, rear parking sensors, and seat-belt reminders and high-speed alert system. The top speed of the Ertiga Tour M diesel is limited to 80 km/h.