The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is probably the most hyped SUV in the global market. But Why? Well, it’s a loveable mini SUV that offers ruggedness and charm through its amazing design. We were all waiting for the Jimny to hit the Indian shores but it seemed like the company had no plans to bring it to India.
But recent news has confirmed that the company will be showcasing the Jimny at the Auto Expo 2020 which is scheduled for next month. Let’s have a look at some of the car details.
You may also like: Maruti Suzuki Futuro-e to break its cover at Auto Expo 2020
Maruti Suzuki Jimny | Highlights Features
- The current-gen Jimny is only available in a three-door body style and measures 3,300 meters long,1,475mm wide and a wheelbase of 2,250mm.
- It gets its power from a 1.5-litre K15B petrol engine that currently powers the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the XL6 crossover.
- There is a 660cc turbo-petrol variant offered as well but due to the domestic Kei car rules, it is available only in Japan.
- It is expected to have a 5-speed manual transmission and a 4-speed automatic transmission with torque convertor.
- The latest fourth-gen Maruti Jimny is manufactured only in Japan.
Suggested Read: These startups will be there at the Auto Expo 2020!
Maruti Suzuki Jimny | Future in India?
- Maruti Suzuki has not yet confirmed whether they will be launching the Jimny in India or not.
- Earlier the company had ruled out bringing the SUV to India shores as they didn’t see a huge demand for a 3-door SUV or find it sensible to bring out a 5-door model as the low sales will not justify the huge development costs.
The current gen-Jimny SUV had its world premiere in 2018 and since then has a large fan following all over the world. The demand for this SUV is so huge that in some countries like Australia the waiting period is over one year! The car also has a good fan base in India and its display at the Auto Expo is surely going to be a big hit.
Suggested for you: Auto Expo 2020 Maruti To Be Outstanding Or Standing Out?