It seems like Maruti Suzuki never felt the adverse effect of the ongoing pandemic. Where many carmakers have now begun to regain their lost prospect, Maruti Suzuki has conquered a new milestone.
Maruti Suzuki’s first mini-SUV, the S-Presso has just completed one year in the domestic market. Country’s largest carmaker has sold over 75,000 units of the mini-SUV as well.
Maruti Suzuki launched S-Presso in 2019. Within a month of its launch, S-Presso marked its place in the top ten cars. Till now, it has also received over half a dozen awards.
Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Mr Shashank Srivastava added a few points.
- The S-Presso mini SUV has carved a really strong niche for itself with a plethora of first in segment features.
- The S-Presso is also an exclusively designed mini SUV which is also pegged as ‘Genki car’.
- In a span of 1 year, the S-Presso has shown 24% growth in its sales.
- In fact, S-PRESSO has witnessed an uptake in positive momentum with increased buyer interest in the unlock phase.
What powers the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso?
- Under its hood, the S-Presso shares its engine with the Alto K10. It has a BS6-compliant 1.0L petrol engine. It is capable of generating 67 hp at 5500 rpm with 90Nm of peak torque at 3500 rpm.
- The engine comes paired to either a 5-speed manual gearbox. There is an optional AMT unit too.
- The new S-Presso comes equipped with dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, ABS, high-speed warning alert, driver/co-driver seat belt reminder and vehicle immobilizer as standard fitments.
Read more about the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso HERE