Maruti Suzuki launched the S-Presso in India on 30th September 2019. Since then, it has already received 10,000 bookings in just 11 days.
- The SPresso is said to be Maruti Suzuki’s first small car launch in over a decade.
- The Maruti Suzuki SPresso is the eighth model in the company’s portfolio to be BS6 compliant.
- The SPresso uses the same 1000cc petrol engine from the Alto K10 hatchback. The S-Presso makes 67bhp at 5,500 rpm and 90nm of torque at 3,500 rpm.
- The S-Presso is available in 2 transmission variants; a 5-speed manual and an AMT (Automatic Manual Transmission) claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of over 21.4 km/l (STD version).
- The SPresso gets an all-black interior with body-coloured dashboard inserts. The big round watch-inspired centre console houses the digital instrument cluster with Maruti’s SmartPlay™ Studio touchscreen infotainment system.
- The SPresso is offered in two packages; Energetic and Expedition. A customer can choose from various accessories like LED daytime running lights, chrome front grille garnishes, roof rails, side cladding etc.
- The S-Presso comes in 4 variants; STD, LXi, VXi, VXi+
- According to Maruti Suzuki, the SPresso mini-cross hatchback has been built from scratch on the acclaimed 5th generation HEARTECT KEI platform which uses 40% higher tensile steel.
- The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso ranges from ₹3.69 lakh up to ₹4.94 lakh.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault Kwid