It is now or never for Indian carmaker Maruti as the brand has been rigorously working upon updating its existing models to the current industry standards and public liking. The most recent models to join the update list are the Swift and the Dzire which will be offered with a stock CNG option.
In simple words, both the models are set to join the brand’s existing S-CNG line-up. Much recently test mules of both the models sporting CNG test kits were spotted testing on Indian roads. And now specification for both the models have surfaced the internet.
- According to the leaked document both the models will come fitted with a 1.2-litre petrol engine.
- The is good enough to produce 81bhp and 113Nm of peak torque on petrol.
- On CNG mode you can expect the engine to produce 70bhp and 95Nm of peak torque.
- In its pure petrol form the engine produces 89bhp with a peak trqur of 95Nm.
Any update on the feature end?
- As of now there is no information about any cosmetic updates. However, with the stock CNG kit you might not get the desired bootsapce you hoped for.
- With its launch, the Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro CNG and the soon to launch Tata Tiago CNG.
- Wile the Swift Dzire will set its eyes on the Hyundai Aura CNG and the soon to launch Tata Tigor CNG and Honda Amaze CNG.