The time has come for Maruti to spring into action! it’s almost 5 months since Maruti introduced a new or rather a facelift of the existing swift. Since then almost 4 upcoming cars from Maruti have been spied testing.
One of them being the 2021 Swift Dzire with a stock CNG kit. Yes! the beloved swift Dzire will soon join the S-CNG lineup or that is what we believe after seeing the spy shots.
Although there was a time when the swift dzire was available in a stock CNG variant but due to fewer sales numbers the variant was then discontinued. But with Dzire entering the list of the best selling sedans, it’s time for Maruti to undo the past.
What will power the Maruti Suzuki Dzire S-CNG?
- On the power front, the new Maruti Suzuki sedan will come powered by a 1.2-litre K12M Dualjet engine.
- The engine produces 89 bhp and 113 Nm of peak torque while mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
- However, the CNG variant will produce fewer power numbers.
- It is also likely to be offered with the mid-spec VXi variant.
What about rivals?
- Speaking about competition, the new S-CNG variant will rival the likes of its sole rival, the Hyundai Aura CNG and the soon to launch Tata Tigor CNG.