Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza 2020 facelift has been launched. What has changed? What has remained the same? Let’s find out.
Maruti Vitara Brezza: Old Vs New | Engine
|Engine||1.3-litre DDiS||1.5-litre K15B|
|Transmission||5-speed Manual, AMT||5-speed Manual, 4-speed Torque Converter|
- Maruti has discontinued the diesel engine and introduced a new, BS6-compliant 1.5-litre K15B engine in the Vitara Brezza 2020 facelift.
- The new engine in the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is 15hp more powerful than the diesel engine. But it looses on the torque part.
- The automatic transmission has been upgraded with a 4-speed torque converter as compared to an AMT which was offered with the diesel engine.
- When it comes to mileage, the facelift is offering way less than the diesel counterpart used to. Automatic variant offers 18.76kmpl and Manual variant offers 17.03kmpl of mileage which is less than the 24.3kmpl of diesel engine powered old Vitara Brezza.
- The new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has almost the same interiors like that of the old one. Major change visible is the SmartPlay Studio Infotainment System. Other than this all the features have been carried forward.
- At the exterior, major changes are visible. The front now looks bolder with LED DRLs, new skid plate, new grille and new fog lamps housing.
- The new Vitara Brezza has got new alloy wheels, LED rear lights, new skid plate at the rear and a bolder looking housing for the indicators at the rear.
- Other than these changes there are no prominent changes available in the new compact SUV.
Price Comparison: Old Vs New
- Due to the shift to the petrol-only engine, the Vitara Brezza has lost the excise duty benefits that were available with the diesel compact SUV. The starting price for the new SUV is ₹29,000 lower than the previous diesel version but the top-spec model will cost ₹80,000 more than the top-spec diesel variant used to.
- This upgraded SUV will be locking horns with Ford Ecosport, Hyundai Venue and Tata Nexon 2020.