There no stopping for Maruti! you ask why? Maruti Suzuki has recently achieved a new milestone by selling over 5.5 Lakh units of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The brand has achieved this milestone in a short span of only 4.5 years. The Vitara Brezza was the Maruti’s first product in the Sub-compact SUV segment. Although, this is not the first time when Maruti tried its hand in the SUV segment.
The Grand Vitara was the brands first SUV in the domestic market which was sold under the ‘SUZUKI’ branding. The Grand Vitara was a CBU (Completely Built Unit), which also played a leading role in its failure.
So, we can say that the Vitara Brezza is somewhat the reincarnation of the Grand Vitara in a sub-compact form, Wink!.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was first launched in 2016, and with the rapidly changing customer needs received a facelift earlier this year.
Speaking on this achievement, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Mr Shashank Srivastava added a few points.
- Vitara Brezza has dominated the compact SUV segment since 2016.
- In a short span, the sub-compact SUV has managed to top the sales chart and has been awarded various awards.
- This milestone has been a marquee statement of our endeavour to consistently innovate and strengthen Maruti Suzuki’s portfolio in line with the current consumer preferences and market trends.”
What makes the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza so special?
- The new facelift comes powered by a powerful 1.5L naturally aspirated petrol engine.
- The engine produces 103 hp with 138Nm of peak torque.
- Transmission options include 5-Speed Manual and 4-Speed Automatic (Torque Converter).
- In terms of feature, the all-new Brezza petrol gets a bolder front grille, projector headlamps with dual function LED DRLs, prominent LED tail lamps on the rear and precision-cut alloy wheels.
- While on the Inside, the 2020 Vitara Brezza looks more or less the same but does feature some minor tweaks like a premium dashboard with a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- It also features a new-age infotainment system and a wider cabin space.
Read more about the segment leader HERE.