Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, a storm in the compact SUV segment or the S-Cross Petrol, a not-so storm in the crossover segment. What should be your choice if you are planning to buy a car soon? Should you go for the wicked SUV or the refined one? This is what we are here for you. In today’s featured, we are going to compare both the cars and see which one’s better. So, let’s get started!
Which one has got more space to offer?
|Vitara Brezza||2020 SCross Petrol|
|Boot space (Litres)||328||353|
- SCross petrol is lengthier than the Brezza for sure. But when it comes to width and height, Vitara Brezza has got some extra millimetres to it.
- The extra length lets SCross have a bigger boot space. We have been in both the SUVs and the space inside SCross felt a bit more.
- Vitara Brezza has got extra headroom to offer though.
What about the performance? Which one’s better?
First things first, both the cars have got the same engine under the hood. Its the BS6-compliant K15B Petrol engine. Let’s take a look at its specs.
|Engine||K15B Smart Hybrid|
|Fuel Efficiency||17.03kmpl (Vitara Brezza)
- Both being powered by the same engine have almost similar performance.
- Maruti Suzuki offers 5-speed Manual transmission as standard while there is a 4-speed AT with both the cars as an option.
- In the comparison of company claimed efficiency, SCross offers slightly better fuel efficiency. The real-world comparison though has a different story, both cars offer around 15kmpl.
- In our comparison of 0 to 100, SCross won by a slight margin (less than a second).
- Both cars are fun to drive. The torque converter offers great performance in the city drive but does restrict the engine when it comes to highway driving.
We will soon be uploading our comprehensive reviews of both the cars on our YouTube channel. Click here to follow and never miss an update!
It’s time we talk about the safety aspect!
Indian buyers have started to look towards safety and its time we take a look at the safety of both the cars. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has scored a 4-star rating at the Global NCAP crash test rating making it the safest offering from the Maruti Suzuki Arena. On the other hand, SCross has scored a 5-star rating at the ASEAN NCAP. This is what we expect from a premium offering from NEXA. Let’s take a look at the safety features now.
Safety Features Comparison
|Dual Front Airbags|
|ABS with EBD|
|Front Disc Brakes|
|Rear Disc Brakes|
|ISOFIX Child Seat Anchors|
|Halogen Projector Headlamps|
|Reverse Parking Sensor|
|*THE FEATURES MENTIONED ARE FOR THE BASE VARIANT*|
So, SCross offers better safety with disc brakes at all the wheels and brake assist. It does feel safe to drive both cars.
So, what about the comfort and convenience? Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza or SCross?
Comfort and Convenience Features
|Vitara Brezza||SCross Petrol|
|Apple CarPlay and Android Auto|
|Height Adjustable Driver Seat|
|Rain Sensing Auto Wipers|
|Rear AC Vents|
|Steering Mounted Controls|
|Auto folding ORVMs|
Both cars have an equal amount of features when it comes to comfort and convenience. We would have expected more from the S-Cross, it is a premium offering under the NEXA channel. Both the cars lack on modern-day features such as sunroof, rear AC vents or the rear 12V or USB socket.
It’s time for the Price Comparison!
|Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza||LXI||₹7,34,000|
|Maruti Suzuki SCross||Sigma||₹8,39,000|
The extra 300mm adds to the cost as SCross Petrol cannot enjoy the excise duty benefits of being sub-4 metre car as the Vitara Brezza does.
So which car should you go for? Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza or SCross
If you are looking for a car with simple yet comfortable driving, definitely go for the S-Cross. It has got premium looks, a comfortable ride and good performance. The same can be said for the Vitara Brezza too, but the feel of a hatchback and a stance of the SUV is what the SCross Crossover offers. Plus, there is a slightly better safety offered at the SCross with extra space too. And if you want to save money, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is a good choice. Stay tuned to our YouTube channel for the detailed review of both the cars.
Another In-House Competition: Kia Sonet vs Kia Seltos | Should you spend more on the Seltos?