It’s makeover season at Maruti Suzuki. The CNG variant of the infamous tall-boy hatchback Wagon R has received 3 new colours- Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown, and Poolside Blue.
Initially, the Wagon-R S-CNG was offered in 3 colours- Solid White, Silky Silver, and Magma Grey but it can be availed in 6 colour variants. That’s not all, India’s largest car manufacturer is also offering an array of discounts on selected cars, which obviously includes India’s most unsafe hatchback, The Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R.
What powers the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R S-CNG?
- It is built on the 5th generation HEARTECT platform.
- The platform increases the safety of occupants through effective absorption of impact and dispersion of crash energy and assures stability.
- It comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder engine and produces 58hp @5,500 rpm with 78 Nm of torque @3,500 rpm when running on CNG.
- When running on petrol it makes 63hp @6,000 rpm with 90 Nm of peak torque @3,500 rpm.
- The Wagon R CNG comes fitted with a 60-litre CNG tank and has a claimed fuel efficiency of 33.54 km/kg.
- The standard safety features include Driver airbag, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), front seat belts reminder, speed alert system and rear parking sensors.