Coupe has always been a status symbol for an average middle-class man in India. But Maruti, a car maker who has always targeted the mass, will be making available its Compact SUV coupe soon in the Indian market.
Compact SUV Coupe – Maruti YTB
Maruti, the Indo-Japenese carmaker, is working on a new compact SUV coupe, codenamed Maruti YTB. It will be Maruti Suzuki’s second compact SUV coupe and will be a more premium alternative to its own Vitara Brezza Since it is a compact SUV so it will be smaller than the regular SUV and will measure less than 4.5 meters. It is expected that:
- Maruti YTB will be positioned above Vitara Brezza
- Since it will be a premium product, it will be sold through Maruti’s Nexa Dealership
- It may have a greater degree of electrification
Also, read Maruti Brezza Variant Wise Price
Futuro-e-concept was initially showcased at the auto expo 2020. The -e- in Futuro- e -concept stands for electric. Most likely Maruti’s compact SUV coupe will share most of its design elements with this concept.
Futuro-e-concept depicts the styling features which Maruti cars may deploy in their future cars. As the name suggests It will be a fully electric car with a petrol engine option. Futuro-e-concept is being termed as – an Indian car with global sensibilities. It will have lots of features that will be useful and adapted to Indian roads.
The SUV coupe shape looks quite different from its present cars. Its rear windscreen gives it a sporty look The tail lights that extend far into its bodywork give it an eye catchy presence on road. Sunroof, large wheels, and camera pods for mirrors are some of its adorable features.
The interiors also look very modern. A wide display on dashboard, interior controls like adjusting the seats, and ambient lighting might also be there. Maruti has claimed the SUV-coupe concept is “future ready with a wide array of powertrain options like hybrid & pure EV”.
Maruti YTB (Baleno Based Compact Crossover) India
YTB is expected to be a Baleno-based crossover and will be manufactured at Suzuki Motor Gujrat(SMG) plant. Baleno upgraded its structure and safety levels in 2022. There were a lot of improvements in its interiors and equipment list too. A similar thing can be expected from YTB coupe also.
You can read a lot more about Baleno 2022 here.
Details of Compact SUV coupe – Maruti YTB
- YTB may use Maruti’s 1.5L petrol engine
- It is expected to have both mild and strong hybrid powertrain
- The electric powertrain is also expected
- Maruti YTB will be designed on Maruti Suzuki’s very own Heartect platform (not the Global-C platform)
- It will be a more premium alternative to Vitara Brezza
- Lots of high-end features like connected car tech and wireless phone charging are expected
- Few of its styling elements, switchgear, and other components might be borrowed from Brezza and the new Baleno
- The exterior design is similar to that of the Toyota Yaris Cross sold outside of India. In fact, it is said that it will be heavily inspired by it.
- It will be positioned above the Brezza, and below the Grand Vitara. Thus, it will most probably be sold via Nexa outlets.
For more info on Maruti Vitara Brezza read Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Compact SUV: Old Vs New
Since the YTB SUV coupe will be positioned above Vitara Brezza it will compete against higher-spec variants of the Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, and XUV300
Launch date and Price
The Indian market will soon see a lot of SUV launches from Maruti Suzuki. It is expected that as many as five new SUVs, including YTB, may hit the Indian roads in the coming years. Although the exact time is not yet known, as per reports Maruti Suzuki’s compact SUV YTB may be launched by early 2023.
The compact SUV YTB price is still not known. However, it may be soon available in our blogs. So keep following us at the GoMechanicBlog!