The luxury Mercedes-Benz showcased all-new 2020 A-class in the auto expo last month. The car stood firm in the bright yellow. The new A-class comes with a “limousine” tag which should not be mistaken by its elder brother the E-Class and the S-class. Unlike those, the new entry-level 4-door sedan doesn’t come with a long-wheelbase version rather it is to distinguish between its hatch sibling.
Mercedes-Benz is trying to coming back into the premium c-segment sedans and are betting high.
Powertrain and transmission | A-Class
- The new Mercedes-Benz A-class has 2 engines to offer, Petrol and a Diesel.
- The car gets a 1.3-Litre turbo petrol engine which delivers about 163hp (A200 Model)
- The other option comes with a 1.5-Litre Turbo Diesel engine with 115hp (A180 Model)
- Both of the engines are mated to a Dual -Clitch transmission which adds some flavour to the driving dynamics.
- The car showcased in the Auto-Expo was the sporty AMG variant that may or may not come to the Indian market.
- The AMG A35 comes with a bigger 2.0-Litre Turbo-Petrol engine which has a massive output of 306hp. The car will surely a masterpiece to drive.
Features Interior and Exterior
- Unlike the older version, the new Mercedes A-class comes with sharper lines and aggressive styling.
- The new underpinnings lead to a longer wheelbase and overall width. Which opens up more legroom and overall space inside the cabin.
- This allows for better seating comfort and less cramped rear seats.
- The Mercedes also comes with its latest MBUX infotainment system delivering a punchy auto from the speakers.
Mercedes-Benz with A-class high hopes as it is the competition to the entry-level luxury sedan. To get the results Mercedes will surely price the sedan aggressively. For now, there is not much competition in the segment.
Read More: All-new Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 Coupé revealed
Expected Price: ₹30 lakhs – ₹40Lakhs