Mercedes Benz launched the “G Wagon” G 350D in India in October. Priced at Rs. 1.5 crores, the G 350D is the more economical and non-AMG version of the globally sold Mercedes Benz G63 AMG. In a recent filing, Mercedes Benz reported that it has sold out all its inventory of the G 350D imported to India.
You May Like: The Mercedes Benz V Class Elite | Luxury On Steroids
Mercedes Benz G 350D Sold Out In India!
- The Mercedes Benz G 350D is only offered in a single variant and is more affordable than the G63 AMG by a margin of almost ₹69 lakhs.
- The Mercedes Benz G Class is at the apex when it comes to hardcore off-roading cars. The G or Gelandewagen is positioned as the flagship in Mercedes Benz’s G series.
- The new Mercedes Benz G 350D is powered by a 6-cylinder, 3.0-litre OM656 diesel engine that delivers 286bhp of power and 600 nm of torque.
- The 3.0-litre diesel unit powering the G 350D is mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox (9G-TRONIC). The G 350D is also BS6 emission norm compliant.
- Compared to the AMG engine, the engine on the G 350d is less power but can still sprint from 0 to 100 kmph in 7.4 seconds.
Exclusive: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLC Gets A Mild Facelift
- The Mercedes Benz G 350D gets all the off-roading bells and whistles like a low-range gearbox, all-wheel-drive (AWD) system with differential locks for the front and the rear axle. Additional equipment like ESP, traction control, and the dedicated off-road mode is also available.
- The G 350D SUV is available in 23 colour options and 6 variants for the alloy wheels (upgradable to 19-inch and 20-inch alloys).
- Feature-wise the G 350D offers nine airbags, lane-keeping assist, a 12.3-inch dual displays, three-zone climate control AC, ambient lighting, an MBUX infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, Multibeam LED headlamps and powered and ventilated front seats.
- Mercedes Benz is also offerings its Me connected-car technology in the G 350 d. The G 350D is the first model to be launched with this feature in India.