A while after the Global launch, today the luxury car maker Mercedes Benz launched the new 2021 S-Class here in India. This luxury saloon gets a major update inside and out. Also, not to forget the car now also comes with a couple of engine options. Moving on, owning the new S-Class will set back about ₹2.17 Crore (ex-showroom).
The company says that initially, the launch edition of the new Mercedes S-Class will arrive via the CBU unit. Mercedes Benz India also added that the S-class will come in two variants, S400d and S450. Let’s dive a little deep, and see what all the new S-class has on offer.
What powers this luxury Saloon?
As said earlier the new Mercedes Benz S-class will arrive in 2 variants, S400d and S450.
- S 400d in India comes with a 3.0-litre 6 cylinder turbo diesel engine. This motor produces 330hp of max power and 700Nm of peak torque.
- Talking about the petrol powertrain, it is also a 3.0-litre 6 cylinder turbo petrol engine producing 367hp of max power and 500Nm of peak torque.
- And, both the engines set the power down to all 4 wheels via a 9-speed automatic transmission.
- Although the car is huge and heavy, it can still manage to clock 0-100 in just 5.4 seconds with the diesel engine and 5.1 seconds with the petrol motor.
The new 2021 Mercedes Benz S-Class is feature-packed
Well, the Mercedes Benz says it all about the feature and equipment list of the vehicle. As always, the new 2021 Mercedes Benz S-Class come with a really long list of gadgets and gizmos.
- This S-Class comes with a 1,750W 31-speaker Burmester 4D surround sound system for the perfect audio experience.
- Ambient lighting
- Exotic materials on the interior
- 4 wheel steering
- A 12.8-inch infotainment system
- MBUX system with 320Gb storage and 16Gb ram
Talking safety, the car comes with
- 10 airbags
- 360-degree camera and sensors and a lot more.
Prices and Rivals
As of now only there will only be 150 units sold in India. And these 150 S Classes will come to our shores via the CBU unit. This means that the cost of the 2021 S-Class in India is a lot higher than before. Talking about the price, the new 2021 Mercedes Benz S-Class costs ₹2.17 Crore for the S400d 4-Matic variant and ₹2.19 Crore for the S450 4-Matic variant. For reference, the older S-Class used to start at ₹1.4 Crore. The new BMW 7 Series is the direct rival of the new S-Class in India. (All Prices in ex-showroom)
Interesting Read: BMW 3 Series VS Toyota Fortuner: Is It Worth The Upgrade?