Mercedes Benz has recently broken all records by selling more than 200 cars in a single day. This surge in new car sales was on the auspicious occasion of Dusshera and Navaratri.
Related News: Over 2,00,000 BS6 Cars Sold: Maruti Suzuki
- Mercedes Benz delivered over 200 cars in Mumbai, Gujarat and other popular markets in India.
- This comes after amidst a prolonged critical crisis in the Indian Automotive industry where big car manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota are reducing production numbers and falling low on car sales.
- The highest deliveries of Mercedes Benz cars were over 125 only in Mumbai. Whereas, 74 cars were delivered and registered in Gujarat.
- Mercedes Benz’s clientele included Chartered Accountants, Lawyers, and Business Professionals.
- The models delivered during this time included C and E class sedans as well as sports utility vehicles such as GLC and GLE.
- Dussehra and Navaratri deliveries have outnumbered the number of cars sold on the same festival day last year, which has indeed indicated a strong festive mood, the company said in a press release.
- In a recent interview Martin Schwenk MD and CEO Mercedes Benz India said “The over-whelming customer response resulting in deliveries of over 200 stars (Cars) in Mumbai and Gujarat and other markets during the festive sale signifies that we have a similar level of excitement and fascination from customers, which we witnessed in 2018; and that is a positive development for us.”
- In the month of September 2019, Mercedes-Benz was able to achieve a new record with 223,838 vehicles sold worldwide, registering a year-on-year growth of 10.4%. The company reported a 17.6% growth in sales at 88,676 units in the Asia-Pacific region last month.