Mercedes has a reputation for designing high-end luxury vehicles that are a pleasure to drive and give an aura of professionalism and elegance. Mercedes first stepped in India in 1994 and since then has won many hearts with its sophisticated rides. Everyone looks forward to its next projects and the company leaves no stone unturned to make sure that it meets the customer’s expectations.
Well, it’s next project is something which we all have been anticipating for a very long time. The company will be launching its electric EQC SUV in India by April 2020! With this decision, the Mercedes Benz India Ltd (MBIL) has joined the likes of MG motors and Hyundai that have already decided to launch premier EVs in India.
- With EQC SUV already on the overseas market, The company plans to expand its EV fleet by introducing full-electric-version of its earlier models. Soon the company will launch the electric variants GLA-Class (EQA), B-Class (EQB), E-Class (EQE), GLB-Class (EQB) and S-Class (EQS).
- The Mercedes EQC SUV comes with a dual-motor all-wheel-drive layout that is equipped with two asynchronous electric motors. With one of them mounted on the front axle, the other sits on the rear.
- The car gets its energy from an 80 kWh lithium-ion battery, which on a WLPT cycle can provide a driving range of 417 km.
- The two motors together will produce a maximum power of 402PS while the peak torque offered is a whopping 760 Nm.
You may also like 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA’s Sketch Revealed! What’s New?
- The top speed of the Mercedes EQC SUV is limited electronically at 180Kmph and can go from 0 to 100kmph in just 5.1 seconds!
- The car’s battery can be recharged from 10% to 80% in just 40 minutes using a DC fast charger.
- The expected price for the car is around 1.5 crores.
The full-electric Mercedes EQC SUV has been on the on sales overseas and by 2022, the company plans to bring an electric version of every model to its lineup. Also, a developing automobile market like that of India will surely help the company in achieving success for its EV segment vehicles. We all are really looking forward to Mercedes projects this year!
Suggested read: Mercedes-AMG GT 73 Teased Ahead Of Debut1