Mahindra has launched a new and more scalable electric platform called ‘MESMA 48‘. MEMSA (Mahindra Electric Scalable Modular Architecture) has been launched globally to commemorate the occasion of ‘World EV Day‘.
The MESMA 48 light EV platform is one of the brand’s most utilised EV technology solution architecture. It is said to have powered over 11,000 such vehicles on Indian roads till date.
What is the MESMA 48 light EV platform?
- The Mahindra Electric Scalable Modular Architecture (MESMA) is a Made In India electric platform suitable for electrifying any existing ICE vehicles to electric as well as for making a whole new one.
- The MESMA platform can power a range of vehicles quadricycles, 3-wheelers and even compact cars.
- With the MESMA architecture, we also get MESMA 72 and MESMA 350 platforms, developed to cater to the need of every vehicle category.
What does the new EV platform offer?
- The new platform offers some major EV components including- drivetrain, battery pack, ECU (electric control unit), MCU, OBC, PDU to name a few.
- These components help in developing a product in a very short time frame.
- It can also be integrated into a drivetrain, leading to a much higher power density, making it highly cost effective.
Is it more Powerful than its ICE counterparts?
- Mahindra claims that the new light EV platform offers a voltage systems between 44 V to 96 V.
- The brand also claims that it delivers better acceleration than its ICE counterparts.
- The components of the new light EV platform can be made available in liquid and air-cooled configurations as well.
- Top speed of 80 km/h can be achieved with the MESMA 48 light EV platform, making it both flexible and rigid axels.