As reported by GoMechanic earlier that after the huge success of the Hector SUV MG India is planning to bring in the big guns to the Indian shores and it seems the rumours have been true as recently MG has showcased MG’s beast the MG Gloster at the on-going Auto Expo 2020.
MG Gloster | Engine Specifications
- Globally the MG Gloster comes powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine capable of generating a maximum power output of 224hp.
- However, we can expect the Indian spec variant to have an in-house 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel unit pushing the power output to 218hp with a peak torque of 480Nm.
- As the Gloster sits upon a light truck ladder-frame chassis it definitely stands to the statement that size does matter as it measures over 5m in length, which means that this beast of a car is longer than a full-size Toyota Land Cruiser 200.
- Talking about the styling the large exteriors of the Gloster also allows it to have a massive cabin space as well. On the outside, the MG Gloster supports MG’s signature grille lathered with chrome.
- The MG Gloster also features LED DRLs placed atop the headlight unit and massive roof rails. On the rear end supports a set of slim taillamps with a wide tailgate.
- On the Inside, the Gloster will let you experience luxury at its best with features like ambient lighting, an 8.0-inch multi-infotainment system, heated seats and a three-zone automatic air-conditioning.
Suggested Read: MG 3 Hatchback makes its India debut | Auto Expo 2020 Day-2
Price and Rivals
- According to leading media reports, MG is all set to assemble the Gloster at the company’s Halol plant situated in Gujrat. The all-new MG Gloster is expected to come with a price tag from Rs. 35 lakhs and go up to Rs. 40 lakhs (ex-showroom).
- With a decent price for a such a premium product, we can easily see the MG Gloster giving a tough competition to the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Land Cruiser in the Premium SUV segment.