MG revealed a lineup of cars at the Auto Expo 2020. One of the main attractions was the full-size SUV, the MG Gloster. Let’s have a look at all the specifications of the Gloster.
What exactly is Gloster?
It is a three-rowed SUV. It is Maxus D90 coming under a different name. With MG Gloster, the carmaker looks to strengthen its position in the Indian market. MG has more hopes from the Gloster as compared to the MG Hector Plus.
What are the dimensions of MG Gloster?
- Gloster is big, bold and beefy in terms of design aspects.
- The Gloster has also got a ground clearance of 210mm. The Chinese version as got massive 21inch tyres.
- It comes with variable seating options: six, seven and eight-seat layout.
Will it be powerful enough?
- The MG Gloster will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to a 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox. The unit churns out 224hp of power and 360Nm of torque.
- It will also come with a diesel option: 2.0-litre, twin-turbo. It will be oozing out 218hp of power and 480Nm of peak torque. This unit was showcased at the 2019 Guangzhou motor show.
- It comes with a choice of rear-wheel and four-wheel drive. There are selectable modes: sport, eco, rock, sand, mud, and snow.
When will it come to India and at what price?
MG is planning to launch it around the festive season in India, possibly Diwali. It is expected to be priced around ₹45lakhs. It will be locking horns with Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. Will it be able to deliver what the company plans to? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.