MG Motor came to India in July 2019 with their very first offering for the market, MG Hector. The automaker received huge demand from the customers as huge amount bookings were made. This demand has not perished at all at the hands of the automobile industry slump. In December 2019, 3,021 units of the SUV Hector were sold.
Book Your MG Hector here.
- Talking about the total number of MG Hector on the roads, 15,930 units of it have been sold by the MG. In the month of October and November last year, 3,536 and 3,239 units of Hector were sold respectively.
- It is currently being offered in three variants of powertrain, 140 HP 1.5-litre turbo petrol, 168 HP 2.0-litre turbo diesel, and a 48V 1.5-litre hybrid petrol. The peak torque for the petrol variants is 250 NM and for the diesel is 350 NM. It also comes equipped with more than 25 standard safety features.
- MG Hector locked horns with Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV 500 and Jeep Compass.
- MG also revealed the country’s first pure electric internet SUV, MG ZS EV last month, which will be launched this month. It will be rivalling against Hyundai Kona and Tata Nexon EV.
- Rakesh Sidana, Director of MG Motor India, expressed joy the company had, seeing the overwhelming response for MG Hector being a new entrant to the country. He also stated that MG is working closely with the local as well as the global suppliers in order to clear the booking backlog of the MG Hector.
MG is planning to increase service centres across the country from 150 to a total of 250 outlets by March 2020. Rakesh Sidani stated the MG’s aim to satisfy each and every customer for which it plans to get as close as possible to the customer.