Dhanteras was festival when automobile sales were at its peak. The year, KIA and MG with Hyundai sold an estimated 15,000 cars on Dhanteras.
Although this year has seen the worst sales slump in the history of the Indian automobile industry. With festivities underway, the sales for passenger vehicle have seen a positive trend with almost every major brand offering hefty discounts on new car sales.
- MG (Morris Garages) India has set an all-new record with delivering 700 units of Hector on the auspicious day of Dhanteras 2019. MG did so by organising a strategic delivery event across India with nearly 200 units delivered from a single point in Delhi-NCR.
- Under MG’s Worth Waiting For program, MG has sponsored the education for more than 35,000 girl children. In association with another NGO (Impact), MG has sponsored the education of one girl child for every Hector sold in India.
- With more than 38,000 bookings of Hector till now, MG Motor has managed to sell 6,134 units of the premium SUV.
- The Korean newcomer KIA with its sister Hyundai also carried out a mega delivery event on Dhanteras with Hyundai delivering a whooping 12,500 units on a single day with no confirmation on which model was sold like hotcakes. Moreover, On the other hand, KIA managed to deliver 2,184 Seltos on the same day.
- To keep up with the demand KIA motors has now added a second shift at the Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh and an additional 1,000 employees have also been taken on to full fill the need to take capacity of 15,000 units per month and even plans increase in capacity upto 4 lakh units per annum as against an early 3 lakh units if demand continues at its present pace.