India is anticipating the launch of the MG ZS Electric SUV as the EV just got listed on MG Motor India’s official Indian website. MG will be unveiling the ZS EV SUV in December with a market launch scheduled for January 2020.
The Hector SUV was MG’s first offering in India and the car was a runaway success amongst Indians. The Hector has already garnered over 38,000 bookings since the day of its launch in June 2019.
MG ZS Electric SUV | Highlights
- The MG ZS EV will be MG’s second offering in the SUV market and first in the electric car market in India. The petrol and hybrid versions of the ZS might be offered later on.
- The MG ZS EV will be priced in the range of ₹20 to ₹25 lakhs and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV and the Nissan Leaf Electric in India.
- The all-electric synchronous motor on the MG ZS EV SUV churns out 150PS of power and 350 Nm of torque.
- The ZS EV uses a 45.6kWh battery pack promising a range of up to 428 kms in a single charge.
- The ZS EV can charge from zero to 80% in just thirty minutes using its propriety AC fast-charging system.
- The ZS SUV will also be offered in petrol and a hybrid avatar sometime later in India.
- The 1.5-litre petrol unit churns out 106 Ps and 141 Nm whereas, the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol mild-hybrid produces 111 Ps and 160 Nm.
- The petrol-only ZS SUV comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission while the mild-hybrid motor is available with a 6-speed automatic only.
- Feature-wise, the ZS SUV gets a large 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with MG’s connected car tech.
- Other features include; panoramic sunroof, cruise control, multi-info display and more.