Due to the relaxations provided by the Indian Government amidst the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, It seems that the Indian automobile industry is slowly and steadily getting back to normal as now many manufacturers have now resumed business and one such manufacturer being MG who recently resumed production at there Halol (Gujarat) based production unit with 30% capacity.
Moreover, the brand has also opened 65% of its authorised showrooms which has helped MG sell over 700 units in May 2020. Besides that, the Chinese owned British brand has also taken a bold move and launched the MG ZS EV in six new cities which includes Chandigarh, Jaipur, Surat, Pune, Cochin and Chennai.
But the question still remains the same that being a fully electric vehicle what makes the ZV EV stand out against its combustion engine counterparts. Let’s See!
MG ZS EV | Powertrain Specification
- The all-new ZS EV will come equipped with a 3-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor capable of generating a maximum power output of 140.80 hp with 353 Nm of peak torque. the motor comes matted to an automatic transmission with 3 driving modes on the block.
- The motor on the ZS EV comes powered to a 44.5 kWh water-cooled lithium-ion battery and can be recharged using any 15 AMP socket. It can take anywhere around 6-8 hours to charge from 0-80 per cent with an AC fast charger while the DC super-fast charger will do the same in a matter of 50 minutes.
- The ZS Electric holds an average range of 340 km on a single charge and can accelerate up to 0-100 kmph in a matter of 8.5 seconds, with a maximum speed clocked to 140 kmph.
MG ZS EV | Interiors & Exteriors
- As far as the features are concerned, the MG EV gets an all-chrome grille with a glowing logo. The LED DRL’s and the projector headlamps give it a sportier look. Additional features on the car include a rear spoiler, 17-inch machined alloy wheels and silver finish roof rails.
- On the inside, this subcompact menace boasts a 20.32 cm touchscreen infotainment system, an 8.9 cm multi-information display, 6-way power-adjustable driver seat, multifunctional steering wheel, dual-panel panoramic sunroof and a built-in air purifier.
MG ZS EV | Safety Features
|ABS with EBD||✔|
|Electronic Stability Control||✔|
|Virtual Engine Sound System||✖|
Note: These safety features are of the base model
MG ZS EV | Warranty and Variant
- MG has brought in special e-shield warranty plan for the ZS electric vehicle. Want to know more about the e-shield warranty plan Click Here.
- The MG EV will be offered in 2-trims namely Excite and Exclusive variants