MG Motor India entered the Indian auto sector earlier this year with the MG Hector. Since its launch, the Hector has become India’s top-selling premium segment SUV. And with that, MG India has already confirmed its second car destined for India; the new MG ZS EV.
Exclusive: The 10 Best Budget SUV Cars In India | 2019
MG ZS EV & Petrol | Specifications
- As per speculations, the MG ZS EV will be offered as a standard petrol and hybrid-petrol version as well.
- The MG ZS EV will be powered by a 110kW electric motor producing 150 bhp 350 nm of torque using a 45.6 kWh battery.
- The range for the MG ZS EV is said to be 350 kms. The car utilises a water-cooled lithium-ion battery pack mounted underneath the floor.
- The Indian MG ZS EV is expected to retain the same exterior and interior as the international-spec ZS EV.
- The petrol variant of the MG ZS will be powered by a 106 bhp 1.5-litre engine while the petrol-hybrid unit will be powered by a 111bhp 1.0-litre turbocharged motor.
- The acquired mileage for the standard MG ZS version will be around 21 kmpl.
- The MG ZS EV will support a three-spoke leather steering wheel which is same as used on the standard MG Hector. While other desirable bits include keyless entry, a stargazer panoramic glass roof with sunshade.
- The list of standard equipment includes reversing camera, USB connectivity, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, 8.0-inch touchscreen media system with Apple CarPlay.
- The MG appears more like a crossover and has received a large front grille with black mesh design and chrome surround. Other additional features include a sporty bumper, rectangular fog lamps, black cladding and a skid plate.
- However, the rear part gets a minor tweak with wraparound LED taillights and sporty bumpers.
Price in India
- The new MG ZS EV/Petrol is expected to be priced between ₹11 to ₹15 lakhs and will be competing against Renault Duster, Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV 300 in the sub-compact SUV segment.
- The MG eZS and the standard MG ZS is due to launch in the month of December 2019.