BMW-owned Mini has launched the Mini Countryman Black Edition in India for a price of ₹42.40 lakh (ex-showroom), which is a lakh premium over the standard model. The Countryman Black Edition SUV has been derived from the Mini Cooper S JCW (John Cooper Works) edition.
You May Like: BMW Unveils India-Bound 2 Series Gran Coupé
Mini Countryman Black Edition | Highlights
- The Mini Countryman SUV is limited to only 24 production units and gets blacked-out trims and panels all-around with several cosmetic updates.
- For the engine, the Mini Countryman SUV uses the same 2.0-litre 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 189 bhp and 280 nm of torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox with flappy-paddle shifters.
- The Mini Countryman SUV can sprint from 0 to 100 kmph in 7.5 seconds returning an average fuel mileage of 14.41 kmpl (claimed).
- On-the-face, the Countryman Black Edition SUV gets a new front grille, JCW aerodynamics kit, carbon-fibre finished ORVMs, black inserts for the taillamps and headlamps, black-accented roof-rails and bonnet stripes and a black “Countryman” badging.
- The Mini Countryman SUV runs on 18-inch JCW special edition wheels and run-flat tyres to add to the overall appeal.
- Interior-wise, the Mini Countryman SUV gets a head-up display with Mini wired package along with electrically-operated sports seats and a panoramic glass roof.
- The Countryman SUV also gets a surround Harman and Kardon music system.
- Safety features on the Countryman SUV include a rear camera with parking sensors, ABS with brake assist dynamic stability control (DSC), and cornering brake control (CBC).
- The Mini Countryman Black Edition rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLA, Audi Q3, Volvo XC40 and even the BMW X1 in India.