The all new 2020 Hyundai Creta or the Hyundai ix25 as the Chinese call it is all set to step foot in the Indian markets by the year 2020. The new Creta will be based on Hyundai’s Sensuous 2.0 design language.
You May Like: 2019 Hyundai Elantra | Now BS6 Compliant
New 2020 Hyundai Creta | Highlights
- The 2020 Hyundai Creta will be showcased in the upcoming AutoExpo 2020. The Creta is the 2nd generation of this mid-size SUV.
- The Creta will be likely positioned in the similar price range of ₹10 lakhs-₹16 lakhs. The Hyundai ix25 (Creta in China) in China is priced at ¥109,800 or ₹11.11 lakhs.
- Hyundai is offering the petrol, but NOT the diesel variant of the Creta in China.
- The 2020 Hyundai Creta comes with 3 engine options; 1.5 litre 4 cylinder petrol engine with 115 bhp and 144 nm torque, 1.4 litre 4 cylinder turbocharged petrol engine with 140 bhp and 242 nm torque. and a 1.5 litre 4 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine will churn 115 bhp and 250 nm torque.
- All 3 engine variants will be BS6 compliant by the time of the launch.
- Hyundai is also likely to introduce a mild-hybrid version of the 2020 Creta in India.
- The 2020 Creta will be available in 4 transmission options; 6 Manual Transmission, 6 Automatic Transmission, 7 DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) and a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).
- The 2020 Hyundai Creta is bigger in dimensions as compared to the current version of the Creta. The upcoming Creta is now 4,300mm (30mm longer) in length, 1,790mm in width (10mm wider), 1,622mm in height (8mm shorter) with a wheelbase of 2,610mm (20mm increase).
- Cosmetic enhancements on the new 2020 Creta includes a new front grille, a panoramic sunroof, LED headlamps and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- Interior-wise the new Creta gets a flat-bottom steering wheel, segment-first floating central display and a fully digital instrument cluster. The floating central display is all touch with no buttons.
- The infotainments system in the new Creta comes with Hyundai’s BlueLink™ with voice command functionality as seen on the Hyundai Venue and the Hyundai Elantra in India.
- The current generation Creta has been a massive hit in the Indian market. In February 2019, Hyundai reported a sale of over 5 lakh units of the Creta in India.
- The 2020 Hyundai Creta will compete with rivals such as the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, MG Hector, Jeep Compass, etc.
Also Read: Hyundai Has Sold Over 42,000 Venue in India